Babywearing

When Gracianna was born, I bought myself my first wrap, a stretchy Moby wrap. This was a total life saver and I have no idea how I went this long without the use of one.  At about 15lbs, the Moby started sagging and was not working as well as it previously had. Enter the term "Babywearing".
Little did I know that there was actually a very large babywearing community in the Delmarva region. This is where I learned of woven wraps. So far I have owned a Girasol Harvest, a Didymos Petrol Hemp Indio, a Didymos Mystic Hemp OS, a Didymos April Hemp Indio, a Earthy Bliss Mermaid Cove Wrapture. All of these are now gone or headed out the door.

Little side note: I actually did TaiKwonDo with Graci on my back using the Mystic wrap for several months!

Didy April Hemp Indio
Mermaid Cove Wrapture

Didy Mystic Hemp OS
  
Currently I have a ring sling made from a dear friend with material bought by my sister in law when she was in Guatemala, I also have a Flamenco Hemp Indio on the way, and my favorite (at the current moment and subject to change) is my Wrap Conversion Mei Tai (WCMT) made from a lovely piece, again brought back from Guatemala, and sewn by Zanytoes. This was a custom I had toddler sized, with padded to wrap straps, seat darts, leg out padding, neck padding, a hoodie hood, and a padded ring waist. I LOVE IT!!! I can easily carry Grace on my back for hours upon hours. Not only is this material the most supportive I have ever had, but the WCMT is incredible, especially for toddlers!

This is a front carry with a sick baby. Works wonderful for cuddles while still getting things done.

This is a back carry tied Tibetan. Super supportive and comfy.


Well, I may not be a Babywearing Guru like some of the other moms, but I am so glad to have learned about this awesome innovation. Even though it's been around since the beginning of time, it was new to me and very much appreciated.  Thanks to all the wonderful mamas who have taught me this lost art!



Comments