Just jotting some notes down for potential homeschool curriculum ideas for next school year. I have a love/hate relationship with picking our curriculum. I love to research and try to find what works best for our family and I hate it for the same reasons. Ugh!!!
So, this year I want to lose some of the fluff and get to the basics in reading, writing, and arithmetic; but I want to add some fun stuff to history and science and bible.
Here's my brainstorming for next year:

English- Easy Grammar and Daily Grams
           2nd- Explode the Code
Spelling and Vocabulary- Vocabulary from Classical Roots and Spellwell
Science- New Leaf Publishing- Investigate the Possibilities Series
     OR - Vintage Remedies for Tweens
History- Knowledge Quest- What Really Happened in Colonial Times AND A Presidential Scrapbook
Math- 6th Grade- Thinkwell? and Life of Fred
          2nd, 3rd, 4th Grades- Singapore US Edition
Literature/Reading- Veritas Press
Bible- Character- We Choose Virtues

Comments