Scared Spitless

Philippians 4:6–7

do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Have you ever been faced with a situation that scared you spitless? The Bible tells us when we feel anxious or worried about situations that we are to go to God in prayer and with earnest requests.  Then it goes on to tell us to do those things with thanksgiving. Seriously?! I'm feeling horrible and am worried and I don't know where to go next or what to do and You want me to think about being thankful?

I'm not going to lie and say I have this completely figured out. 'Cause I don't. But if Scripture says it, then we should strive to do it. So today, when I have a million things on my mind and the future is uncertain, I'm going to choose to be thankful in my prayers and requests to God. And then you know what will happen?

 "The peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus"  Ah! The peace of God! So many of us struggle with a lack of peace and there it is right in front of us and with it, instructions on how to get it! Choose today to have that peace by thankfully committing all your worries to him. That's what I'm going to do today because I'm having one of those "God, you want me to do what?!" kind of days.

PEACE 

 Picture taken in Waynesburg, PA by Erica Fisher


 

Comments