Your old men shall dream dreams

Even though I may not be an old man, the Bible says in Acts 2: 17-21

 “‘And in the last days it shall be, God declares,
that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh,
and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
    and your young men shall see visions,
    and your old men shall dream dreams;

even on my male servants and female servants
    in those days I will pour out my Spirit, and they shall prophesy. 

 And I will show wonders in the heavens above
    and signs on the earth below,
    blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke; 

 the sun shall be turned to darkness
    and the moon to blood,
    before the day of the Lord comes, the great and magnificent day. 

 And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.’

I believe this to mean that no matter whether you are male or female, that God is going to pour out His Spirit. Many will dream dreams and many will see visions and many will prophesy. There is no social status, race, gender, or age that God will not cross in pouring out His Spirit. God has seen fit to give me dreams.

Sigh. Dreams are a mighty gift from the Lord and are so hard. I struggle in deciphering my dreams, which ones are just my brain being weird and which are from the Lord, which do I say something about and which do I hold in my heart until the time is right. And not many talk about the Spirit of God being poured out upon them or even upon the people in the last days. Many pentecostals and charismatics will speak of speaking in tongues and other denominations will denounce it all. But, I would like to talk about dreams and visions, those which I feel the Lord has led me to share. I will keep hidden those He has not.

One of my first visions happened when I was yet a teenager. I saw several children's faces flash before me. I knew these were children I was being led to help at some point in the future. They looked mostly of Indian descent to the best of my ability to know nationalities. Mind you, I grew up in a predominately white community and although one of my closest friends was biracial, he was really one of the only people from another race that was in my area.  They were all girls. That was it. That was the vision. Flash forward around 20 years later. Three girls, who were biracial, moved into our home to become a part of our forever family. About two weeks in to them living with us, I was reminded of my vision. Sure enough, these were those girls. This dream is the one and only reason we have stuck with these girls through the VERY hard times of adoption. Adoption is NO Annie story. But, that is another story for another day.

I had another dream in my early 20s. I dreamed of a girl I knew from Baltimore. She had run off to Vegas and was going to marry a guy who did not share her faith. I tried to talk her out of it over and over, but to no avail, she married him anyway. When I awoke, I thought, "Wow, I sure have some crazy dreams." In the back of my mind, though, I did wonder if I should call or message her just in case. I chose to do nothing. Two weeks later, I found out my dream came true only one week earlier, even the running off to Vegas part! I would've had time to warn her. My only consolation was that no matter how much I pleaded with her in my dream, she did not heed my warning. This is when I realized that dreams and visions come with great responsibility. 

The latest dream and probably most vivid, especially since I had it recently and had it twice in the same night, was just last night. In the first part of the dream, we were in a park and God was warning me that there would be a tornado. The only place that was safe was a big building in the middle. It wasn't good enough to go into the building though for the building had pillars that was open to the rest of the park/ playground area and wouldn't provide enough shelter. We actually had to go into the empty storage space in the very back. It was a long, narrow room with no windows built out of cement block. It would provide the only shelter that would protect us from the impending tornado.

After seeing the way of escape, I was back in the park. Hence starts the second part of my dream.  The clouds began to darken and I knew the storm was coming. We immediately got all of our children, save one, into the storage space and told them to stay, not to leave no matter what. Then we began running out trying to get the rest of the people into shelter. The wind began picking up and more and more people were appearing outside of the safe space. I tried pleading with them and dragging them, not understanding why they would choose to stay in the storm. Some I was able to get into the big building, but they would not go into the safe storage area. Then I could see it, I could see the tornado coming. I tried helping a cantankerous old man who was using a walker get into the big building, but even he who needed help the most was having nothing to do with it. The tornado was getting closer and was starting to pull people into it. I knew all those people outside wouldn't have a shot. In tears I knew I could save no more, but must go into the safe storage space. At the last minute, a woman came up to me and threw two twin babies into my arms asking if there was space for them in the safe room. "Yes" I cried with tears streaming down my face as I turned to dash into the big building and on through to the storage room. The woman, however, was not to follow. I closed the door behind me and looked around. There were my children and some of their friends and other children I did not know. I cannot remember if there were other adults in there. But, one thing I did know. There was still plenty of room, but no one else would heed the warnings and come in.

Let me explain what I feel God has led me to believe as the meaning of this dream. First off, the park/playground area represents the world. Those who have nothing to do with Christ. They cannot even see danger coming. Even though we beg and plead and cry tears over them, they will not come in to safety. The winds pick up, the storm clouds roll in, the thunder announces itself, even when the tornado appears, they cannot see it until it is too late and carries them away unto judgment.

The big building itself is the church. Sigh. Several go in and think they are safe, yet they are oblivious to the dangers lurking right outside the door. Not only that, but the church has its front side unprotected. It only has pillars but no wall guarding the inside. The world with all its troubles and blatant sin is right there. They have mixed the world with the church. They walk in and out of both all day long. They think they are safe because they are in the church, yet they are not, because they are also in the world. The tornado comes and sweeps them all right out the front of the building, straight to judgment because they were not where God told them to be. They did not separate themselves from the world and refused to consecrate themselves wholly to God.

The safe place, (the storage room), is the sanctuary of the Most High God. Few enter here. But those who do find safety. They find freedom. They find deliverance. They find the face of God. They fall to their knees in repentance. They turn from their wicked ways. They set out to seek and to save those who are lost. And they cry deep groans over those who will not heed His call. They come unto Him as children. With faith believing that He who began the good work in their hearts has completed it. (Phil 1:6)  These are those who have endured to the end, who did not mix the church with the world, and who gave all they were to Him.

Matthew 7: 13-14

“Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many.  For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

If you are in one of those places, either the playground or the church, but do not know God as your Everything. If you are flirting with the world, in and out when it suits your desires or what those around you are doing. If you are holding back from giving Him all, please... please..., do so this day. Don't wait one more minute. Do not wait even one more second. The time has come. The days are short. The end is near. Even now the storm rages and the wind has begun to howl. Surrender yourself to Him and find safety in His Holy Place!

 I SURRENDER ALL
  1. All to Jesus I surrender;
    All to Him I freely give;
    I will ever love and trust Him,
    In His presence daily live.
    • Chorus:
      I surrender all,
      I surrender all;
      All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
      I surrender all.
  2. All to Jesus I surrender;
    Humbly at His feet I bow,
    Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
    Take me, Jesus, take me now.
  3. All to Jesus I surrender;
    Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
    Let me feel the Holy Spirit,
    Truly know that Thou art mine.
  4. All to Jesus I surrender;
    Lord, I give myself to Thee;
    Fill me with Thy love and power;
    Let Thy blessing fall on me.
  5. All to Jesus I surrender;
    Now I feel the sacred flame.
    Oh, the joy of full salvation!
    Glory, glory, to His Name



For those of us who know the truth, who see clearly what is to come, I believe God is telling us to get your families in order first and foremost, then GO! Go out of that safe place, into the world but not of the world, to gather as many as we can to join us in that narrow room. Do whatever it takes. The world must know! The church must know! In the words of Clayton Jennings, "Jesus. Jesus. Jesus. Till the day I die." "Tell the world"

Heaven. Hell. You. Click here for the most important news you will ever be told! 

(link is to video by Clayton Jennings)



Comments